for Dave AND list... RE: Protocol recommendation for e-mail

Subject: for Dave AND list... RE: Protocol recommendation for e-mail
From: "Comeau, Lisa" <ComeauL -at- MOHYF-MX1 -dot- MOHDEV -dot- GOV -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 12:00:11 -0500

David said
"I would like to recommend that we as professional communicators begin a
protocol for the subject line of e-mail. Whenever we send private messages,
we should begin the subject line with the name of the addressee--(e.g.,
Subject: Dave--I need a quick answer to a question)"

I would think that if you are getting a personal email from a listmember, it
would be sent to you specifically, and not the entire list. If that's not
happening, I would suggest it isn't a protocol problem, it's a lack of
consideration problem. (Of course, depending on how you're using the word
protocol, I guess they could be synonymous...)

For future reference, I get around 2-400 email per day myself (3 listservs
and client correspondence) and I have found it helpful to have my email
program sort them into specific folders upon receipt.

(For example, I don't read info on job postings, HTML, or RoboHelp, so my
email program deletes them as soon as they come in. All of my other TECHWR-L
mail goes into a listserv folder, and is sorted by address of the listserv.
Anything with my name specifically on it goes into either my personal folder
or my business folder based on whether it's from within my organization, of
from outside the office.) This system works wonders for me, you may want to
try it.

Lisa Comeau
Account Representative; Y2K/Exchange Project
Client Services Group, Ontario Ministry of Health
Office (416) 327-1112
Pager (416) 715-9198
mailto:comeaul -at- mohyf-mx1 -dot- mohdev -dot- gov -dot- on -dot- ca

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=