Re: UIE site (was FAQ Intranet site tips on visuals)

Subject: Re: UIE site (was FAQ Intranet site tips on visuals)
From: AlQuin <cbon -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 14:19:22 +0100

On 08-01-1999 15:43 John Cornellier wrote:

>> have a look at "Web Site Usability: A Designer's Guide."
>It's put
>> out by User Interface Engineering (www.uie.com)
>
>OK, I did. This is not a comment on the quality of UIE's
>research, but If they're so smart, why do you have to scroll
>to view the site *contents*? Not content, the table contents.
>And howcome their HTML headers include
>and *no* <META name="keywords"

I'm sure that's the cause of all trouble: Microsoft Frontpage, the
garbaging editor...
You can compose nice-looking pages with it, but this editor does
definitely not follow the recognized HTML standards for compatible use;
the main concern for tech-writing.

>And why is the whole page enclosed in a huge table (meaning
>you're staring at a blank page 'til the whole table's been
>downloaded and parsed)?

Regards
Kees de Bondt

AlQuin Total Quality