Re: Titles (Donald Feidner)

Subject: Re: Titles (Donald Feidner)
From: Cam Whetstone <camw -at- HOME -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:57:58 -0500

Donald Feidner <donald -dot- feidner -at- SAP-AG -dot- DE> wrote:

> My company calls us tech writers INFORMATION DEVELOPERS.
>
> Information already exists and we make something out of it -- but you
> can't really DEVELOP it.
>
> I prefer
>
> Information Products Developer
>
> or...
>
> Information Products Engineer
>
> Don Feidner

I prefer a paycheck that doesn't bounce. Who do you thing you are
impressing with a title? Even the old 'Cice President' has
degenerated. I once met a man who said he was a VP with Bankers Trust
in NYC. At the time, I mentally dismissed him as one of a myriad of
gofers at a branch of a large bank. (I later found out he was the #2
man at BT when his face appeared on Time Magazine's copver.)

So a campany can call me what it wants to as long as the pay check is
regular and large enough.

Cam Whetstone

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=