Guides for training documentation?

Subject: Guides for training documentation?
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:53:09 -0700

Tanya Jessup has <<...written training documentation for a company
that already had a style guide to follow. It was a great learning
experience. However, I'm now going to be writing training
documentation for a different company that hasn't had training
documentation in the past. I would like some advice on any good books
on writing courseware.>>

Why reinvent the wheel? I'd say your best starting point is the style
guide you've already used. If it worked well for that audience, it's
likely to work well for any similar audience. You should be able to
get a copy of the guide from your friends at the former company; if
not, they'll likely be willing to at least point you towards the
resources they used to create their style guide.
--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Patience comes to those who wait."--Anon.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=