Re[2]: Y2K Comments

Subject: Re[2]: Y2K Comments
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:32:00 -0600

There is also a problem on older mainframe systems with the date
September 9, 1999 because the date "9/9/99" was programmed as the
last possible date.

I'd be interested in hearing (offlist) of any concrete examples of this.
While I'm very familiar with "all-nines means end" techniques, *none* of
them I'm familiar with would trap on 9/9/99; they'd trap on 99/99/99.
Pardon me, but until I find a concrete example of this, I'm classifying it
with "Good Times" and "Join the Crew."

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224