what to say on interview

Subject: what to say on interview
From: Carole Bell <carolebell -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:39:23 -0500

>>That said, does anyone have a response for the real mind-trip
question, "What do you like to do outside of work?" also
phrased as "what are your
hobbies and interests?" I never know what to say to that,
particularly
since I'm usually trying to suppress the automatic response "why?
That
doesn't affect my work."

I used to do TV interviews to advise people about job interviews. The
best way to answer
that question is to think of, in advance, and have ready -- active things
you can say you do. Pick something you really do, or might do, just in
case it ever comes up again. There's usuallys omething you can say. Then
throw in something else that really is your own taste. The key is
*active.*

example: (for me, these are true)
"I like to swim, and to exercise."

If need be, you can draw it out for them, if they don't get it, about
how each puts you in better shape physically and emotionally to do your job
well, etc.

Carole Bell, new member to this list

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000