Seeking Senior Technical Writer in the Bay Area (California)

Subject: Seeking Senior Technical Writer in the Bay Area (California)
From: Mary Anthony <mary -at- PERSISTENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:21:47 -0800

PERSISTENCE SOFTWARE IS THE technology leader in the Transactional
Application Server market, providing a foundation for distributed computing.
Persistence accelerates the development and deployment of high-performance
distributed systems. The Persistence PowerTier family of Transactional
Application Servers includes PowerTier for Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) and
PowerTier for C++. Programmers use Persistence products to develop and
deploy both CORBA and EJB applications on NT or UNIX.

We are seeking a Senior Technical Writer interested in:

- Writing documentation for experienced and mid-level programmers
- Participate in the product specification and design process
- Work directly with engineers on a peer-to-peer basis (really!)
- Work with and understand the Persistence PowerTier products
- Design and create both on-line and printed documentation
- Use C++ or Java source code to write new and check existing sample code
- Work with a great team to develop documentation plans and schedules

We would especially like to find a Senior Technical Writer interested in
taking an active role in shaping our online design.

QUALIFICATIONS:
We are seeking to fill one position. The skills of the ideal candidate are
as follows:

- 5+ years writing documentation for programmers
- Experience with Framemaker, Quadralay Webworks, HTML, CSS, and Windows
HTML Help
- Knowledge of relational database management systems
- Knowledge of object oriented concepts, Java, and C++
- Learns quickly and likes a technical challenge

Candidates who do not meet the ideal but who can demonstrate technical
ability, a dynamic attitude, and excellent writing skills will also be
considered.

COMPENSATION:

Persistence Software compensates employees with a competitive
package of base salary, bonus, and stock grant. All standard benefits
are included. Relocation packages are available for qualified
candidates.

Please send current resume and a cover letter to mary -at- persistence -dot- com -dot-
ASCII, PDF, RTF, Framemaker formats accepted. No recruiters please.

Mary M. Anthony, Publications Manager Persistence Software
PHONE: 650.372.3617 FAX:650.341.8432
mailto: mary -at- persistence -dot- com http://www.persistence.com
The life that conquers is the life that moves with a steady
resolution and persistence toward a predetermined goal.
Those who succeed are those who have thoroughly learned the
immense importance of plan in life, and the tragic brevity
of time. -- W.J. Davidson

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=