Re: Interview questions

Subject: Re: Interview questions
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:19:00 -0500

At 12:06 PM 1/13/99 -0600, "Gutierrez, Diane"
<Diane -dot- Gutierrez -at- WESTGROUP -dot- COM> wrote:
>with, it would delight me to see that thread flamed so thoroughly that
>people think twice about the whole situation. Do we want to see formation
>of an old-boys network impossible for newcomers and solitary talents to
>break into, or do we want to see an equitable, worth-is-measured and
>quality-is-rewarded system of hiring? Sheesh!

No, I tend to agree with him. That's why I joined the STC, or one of the
main reasons, anyway. That's why I became active in the local chapter here
in Toronto soon after moving here 4 years ago.

The people I would want to work with know me, now. And I know the people I
DON'T want to work with.

Never underestimate the value of networking. It's not the "old boy's
network" anymore, at least not in technical writing.

In engineering, on the other hand...

Win, who gets ALL of her business through some sort of networking
----------------
Win Day, Technical Writer
Mississauga, Ontario

<TW code>
TWS/TWH/TWI !f w++ h !? lp p(2) sc(Y) si(Y) #(pound) ap-
ds- sty(CMS) fs(Arial) fp(Times New Roman) sp(Canadian)
re(1) pc(contract)
</TW code>

mailto:winday -at- idirect -dot- com
http://webhome.idirect.com/~winday