Bibliography on int'l technical communication

Subject: Bibliography on int'l technical communication
From: Nancy Hoft <nhoft -at- WORLD-READY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:35:02 -0500

Hi Everyone,

Over the years, I've received many requests for citations in
international technical communication from students, faculty,
practioners, researchers, and the intellectually curious--from many
disciplines and countries. There's a lot of interest in learning more
and more, and I'm thrilled with the growing interest in the topic.

I've just posted to my Web site the *sketchy* beginnings of what I
hope will become a useful, annotated bibliography on international
technical communication. (Note that the bibliography is for printed
information--see http://www.world-ready.com/r_intl.htm for Web
resources on int'l technical communication.) The URL to the
bibliography is:

http://www.world-ready.com/biblio.htm

I'm starting with the bibliography I published as a chapter in
Deborah Andrews's International Dimensions of Technical
Communication, published by STC in 1996. (STC has granted me
permission to reproduce the text.) When I'm finished reproducing
this chapter, I'm going to go through my collections and will be
adding to the bibliography as I do (and as I find time).

But, for it to be useful for all of us, I'd like your help with citations!

** Citations do not have to refer to works in English only!! **
Citations of works in languages other than English are most
welcome. After all, the bibliography will be posted on the *World
Wide* Web and it is about *international* technical communication.

If you have a citation to contribute, email the full citation to me,
Nancy Hoft, nhoft -at- world-ready -dot- com -dot- I'd appreciate it if you could
follow the format for citations that I've used on the Web. Include a
short description of the work. Please let me know if you would like
your name listed as a contributor next to the citation. I would also
like to include an email link from your name to you. This will help
connect you with people who are interested in similar topics.

Note that I reserve the right to be selective about what I include in
this bibliography. I'll try to publish your contributions as quickly as I
can.

There's no rush for me to receive contributions--email when you
happen upon something wonderful and worth sharing!:-)

Thank you for your help!

Cheers, Nancy Hoft

N A N C Y H O F T
Ph.D. Student, Rhetoric and Technical Communication
Michigan Technological University
SMAIL: PO Box 07237, Fort Myers, FL 33919 USA
PHONE: +1 941/590.6932 (-5 UTC) FAX: +1 941/590.9190
EMAIL: mailto:nhoft -at- world-ready -dot- com -or- mailto:nlhoft -at- mtu -dot- edu
WEB: http://www.world-ready.com/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=