Re: Acceptance of US writing by Canadians (was: Canadian spelling )

Subject: Re: Acceptance of US writing by Canadians (was: Canadian spelling )
From: Gerry Bourguignon <GBourgui -at- LAVASYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 12:37:23 -0500

> ... How do Canadians react to documentation that's clearly written for
> the United States? By this I mean approaches (e.g., are Canadians
> as impatient as US-ers and will they therefore appreciate a task-based
> approach), but things such as spelling are certainly included, too.

Seeing "colour" written as "color" does not bother me personally, and that's
the way I would be expected to write it in my current job. Recently, I
heard
someone say that British users will "accept" documentation written for the
US
but will be your best friend for life if you make the extra effort to use
British
spelling for documentation destined for the UK.

Regards,
--
Gerry Bourguignon
Open Text Corporation (LAVA Division)