Re: Acceptance of US writing by Canadians - different perspective

Subject: Re: Acceptance of US writing by Canadians - different perspective
From: "J. Fraser" <tekwrite -at- ISTAR -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 07:37:29 -0400

I agree with your comments, Suzette. And as as several people pointed
out in response to my original question "write for your audience". Well,
yes, again, I agree with being sensitive to your audience.

HOWEVER, what's the usual procedure for people who
write documents destined for multiple countries. Do you write multiple
versions? Sounds like a pain in the <*#$>! for a few words like colo(u)r
analyz/se, and so on. "Canadian" spelling isn't going to be
unreadable/misunderstood by anyone, so if you're a Canadian company,
why not pick your standard (preferably "Canadian") and use it?
Would it really be so bad? I can't imagine you'd lose a client if
you wrote color instead of colour!

J. L. Fraser, B.Sc.
Information Developer

When I see a paragraph shrinking under my eyes
like a strip of bacon in a skillet,
I know I'm on the right track.
- Peter DeVries

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=