Re: Me or I?

Subject: Re: Me or I?
From: Arlen P Walker <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:39:00 -0600

Perhaps it's just me.

You all call yourselves professional writers, and I am possitively
sure you all know it should have been written:

Perhaps it's just I.

You are wrong. I, for one, do *not* know it should have been written as
you propose. Nice troll, I'll give you a couple of style points for it,
but the content is lacking the spice required for the truly great ones.

According to Webster: "I is now chiefly used as the subject of an
immediately following verb. Me occurs in every other position: absolutely
(Who, me?), emphatically (me, too), and after prepositions, conjunctions
and verbs, including be (come with me, you're as big as me, it's me)."

There's some support for using "I" in formal writing, but even that isn't
rock-solid, and in any case, this list is hardly formal.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=