Document control products

Subject: Document control products
From: joe malone <joe -at- MANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 03:05:28 -0800

I haven't been able to access the archives for this newsgroup for some
time. Is the site down?
Anyway, I'm posting my general question without having searched for

My company has grown enough to want some doc control in place for...
well, for the few user docs I write, plus specs, mrd's, and perhaps
sales and mktg. materials if we can get those folks to cooperate.

I've been using MKS for this because the sw engs use it, but management
wants something more doc specific.

Checked Documentum: way more than we need. $$$$

Checked PCDocs - seems reasonable. Have heard of FileNet andvisited site
but gone no further. My net manager is pushing MS VSS.

Any suggestions for a small operation. I've survived in startups since
1981 without needing this, but management wants it...

TIA

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=