Re: ANON: My replacement

Subject: Re: ANON: My replacement
From: Dick Schellens <richard_schellens -at- MAIL -dot- GDT1 -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:29:20 -0500

Here's an idea I haven't seen posted:

If you are leaving on good terms and do like the company (both seem to
be true based on your post), why not offer to do some freelance work
for them until they find the right person. Explain that you might have
15 hours a week available at $xx per hour (I would suggest $30 to
$35). This could ease their transition, help them understand the value
of a good tech writer and provide you with some extra income.

Of course, this only works if you have the time to do a good job for
them.

Dick Schellens
GDT
Lebanon, NH