re; ANON My Replacement

Subject: re; ANON My Replacement
From: Lucille Lattanzi <Lucille -dot- Lattanzi -at- FIRSTDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:41:39 -0500

Tom Herme wrote :
"... My point is that the individual I'm describing didn't really care
about putting together content in some way that made sense to end users.
Basically she just kissed up to the content authors (engineers) without any
critical judgement exercised. She took what she got and did a slam dunk
into a format."

This rang a bell. I once worked with someone who took this behavior to its
logical conclusion and got promoted to project leader, curtseying all the
way. Absentee/uninterested/non-writing upper management is usually a
factor in this little Kabuki dance as well.

ANON : You need to let go of the need to control what happens at the
present company after you leave and make tracks for a better situation as
fast as you can. If they won't listen to you now, who cares what happens
later? By all means, clean up your files ( paper and electronic) and leave
a map for the poor soul who replaces you. That's the decent thing to do.
Let *that* task soothe your conscience. Then go and enjoy a new
opportunity.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=