Original Author's Comment re. Powerpoint Manual

Subject: Original Author's Comment re. Powerpoint Manual
From: "Deborah L. Crossman" <DLCrossman -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:26:57 EST

Thanks to everyone who responded and engaged in various communications
regarding (the horrendous thought of) using Powerpoint to create a manual.

This is a free-lance job and I have never met the client before. I was
supposed to meet him this morning to discuss the job, however, his computer
was down, so the meeting was postponed until Monday morning.

When I meet with the client, I will definitely ask why he wants to use
Powerpoint (he has apparently already begun to do this). I will also be
informing him that creating manuals is not what PP was designed for and that
there are likely better ways of accomplishing what he wants to do.

If it seems worthwhile, I will re-post something that contains more specific
details about the situation, as several of you suggested to me. Perhaps I
will simply be able to persuade him to use another tool.

Thanks again,
Debbie

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=