Re: Help with Help

Subject: Re: Help with Help
From: Mitchell Gibbs <gibbs -at- GNV -dot- FDT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:24:59 -0500

Juley,

I learned the basics from the help file for Windows 3.1 help. Using the
QuickStart, I was able to get working on my first help system within a day.
While this is an older version of help for 16-bit programs, it provides an
excellent look at the underpinnings of Windows help systems, and it will
help you feel more comfortable using your HAT.

Ask, and I'll be happy to send you a copy.

At 08:10 AM 2/2/99 -0600, Juley Torkomian wrote:
>Hi All,
>Where do I begin? Literally where do I begin? I'm writing my first Help
>project and I'm overwhelmed. My HAT has been ordered and I will receive
it next
>week sometime. I've begun my writing in Word so I can get started before
my HAT
>arrives. So far I've written a "How do I?" list, a Glossary of Terms with
>definitions and a few help topics. I have plenty to write but I need to feel
>like I have some kind of a plan. How do you plan a Help Project. What
steps do
>you take before you begin writing?
>I'm feeling grossly disorganized and without direction (two feeling that
drive
>me up a wall). Can anyone suggest a site or some reading that might help?
Any
>advice would be appreciated.
>Thanks
>Juley