Re: Words to be avoided

Subject: Re: Words to be avoided
From: "Meek, DavidX L" <davidx -dot- l -dot- meek -at- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:57:25 -0800

Matt Craver wrote:
This is a dictionary of "highly offensive and often inflammatory words". It
does not, by the way, mention the word used by Mr. Howard.

I'll bet the next edition does!

But your point is well-taken. I would imagine this dictionary was compiled
"after the fact," so to speak. It's certainly a useful tool, but nothing
can substitute for watchful eyes and ears. I often encounter
three-letter-acronyms that can have meanings or pronunciations other than
intended. And you're not likely to find these listed anywhere.

-Dave
(Any statements made above are mine, and mine alone.)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=