Page Numbering and PDF

Subject: Page Numbering and PDF
From: Emmy Aricioglu <EMMY_ARICIOGLU -at- HP-ROSEVILLE-OM3 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:38:30 -0800

I notice, on some recent posts, the advice to number documents using
1-1, 2-1, and so on. Although this has been useful on our longer
manuals, we recently discontinued this practice. This is because we
noticed that the PDF file identifies pages consecutively. We didn't
want our readers to have to map the PDF page number with the page
number showing on the screen.

How have you all been handling this?

Emmy
emmy_aricioglu -at- hp -dot- com