Two Questions

Subject: Two Questions
From: Linda Castellani <linda -at- GRIC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:07:53 -0800

1. I need to think about creating an on-line help system for a product
that was developed in Java and uses a Web browser interface. I've
developed Winhelp systems before, but I'm not clear at all about where to
start with this one. Do I want a Java Help tool or an HTML tool?

2. I just got a manual back from the printer who used our Word file to
produce the document. On one page there is an orphan that I had carefully
removed from the original by shaving off points before and points after
paragraphs on the preceding page. I'm not all sure why the orphan came
back, but what I'm wondering from all of you is, how critical are you in
reviewing writing samples? If you saw a widow or an orphan in a document,
would you not consider the candidate? I'm trying to decide whether this
document goes in my portfolio or not. Am I worrying needlessly?

Thank you for your insights!

Linda
==========================
Obligatory quote:

"Live for today. Work like you don't need money; love like you've never
been hurt; dance like nobody's watching."

--- Christine Comaford, Managing Director of Artemis Ventures,
upon receiving her award as one of the Top 25 Women of the Web

Linda Castellani
Technical Writer
GRIC Communications, Inc.
1421 McCarthy Blvd.