Re: a beginner's html-editor?

Subject: Re: a beginner's html-editor?
From: Westbrook <westbrook -at- FLEX -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 01:29:10 GMT

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999 09:25:07 -0800, Steven Anderson
<Steven -dot- Anderson -at- BRIGHTWARE -dot- COM> wrote:

>HTML, as well as it's (many) limitations. On top of all that, it helps you
>understand what is going on when something breaks (or misbehaves) allowing
>you to fix the problem quickly and easily.

Also, GUI editors tend to produce really sloppy code. (I have yet to
see one that doesn't insist on meta tagging a credit for itself.) You
may not care about your HTML code, but other people will look at it
and pass judgments about you and your skill based upon it.

From a troubleshooting standpoint, GUI is a nightmare. I spend most
of my time using a GUI SGML program (the government's choice, not
mine). I spend a large percentage of that time trying to figure out
why my files want convert. Many times, the errors are not even
visible in the GUI.

http://www.geocities.com/~madcap/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000