Re: No bookmarks in PDF from Word

Subject: Re: No bookmarks in PDF from Word
From: Peter Lucas <peterlucas -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:28:48 -0800

>I have installed pdfmaker and I have a postscript printer driver set up.
>The conversion to PDF works fine, but bookmarks are not created.

I had a similar problem with PDFMaker and bookmarks. Turns out PDFMaker can
only handle converting 50 headings to bookmarks. If your document has more
than 50 headings tagged for bookmarks, forget it.

For more on this, go to the Adobe web site and scour the support database
for references to the PDFMaker for Word 97 and bookmarks. Adobe has
distanced themselves from supporting PDFMaker, so don't count on any tech
support from Adobe on this matter.

Luckily, it appears that PDFMaker will be a part of the new Adobe Acrobat
4.0 (due mid-March), so hopefully they have fixed this limitation.

Good luck!

Peter Lucas
Sr. Tech. Writer
Decade Software Company