Liberal Studies as Background...

Subject: Liberal Studies as Background...
From: Lenn Thompson <Lenn -dot- Thompson -at- FTG -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:08:32 -0500

I would have to agree with Mr. Fleury that it is probably easier for a
writer-type to learn tech information than it is for an engineer to learn
how to write clearly.

My undergraduate degree is in the sciences, but I attended a liberal arts
college so my degree was well-rounded. Upon graduation, I got my masters
degree in professional writing and that is what I consider myself--a
professional writer/communicator. Even though I'm working in the marketing
department, I'm in a very high tech environment and work with "techies" all
the time...and I find its easier for me to enter their world than for them
to enter mine. I think a part of the problem is they have no desire to
understand what I do or how I do it. I write some of our user manuals as
well, so I NEED to enter their world to be able to do my job.

Maybe the techie types COULD enter the writing world...but they don't need
to...so they don't want to????
Lenn Thompson
Marketing/Sales Associate
Fisher Technology Group
Phone (work): 412.490.8175
Phone (home): 724.776.7524
email: Lenn -dot- Thompson -at- ftg -dot- net
email2: LT42675 -at- yahoo -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=