Re: Recommended Graphic Packages: Need opinions on use of colors on W eb sites

Subject: Re: Recommended Graphic Packages: Need opinions on use of colors on W eb sites
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:48:47 -0600

> Another issue I would like to get some view points on - I am working on
> setting up an Intranet site for my department. We have chosen to use a blue
> that is not one of the basic 16 colors. The technician I'm working with is
> recommending that we use one of the basic 16 colors for those people with
> monitors that only support the 16 colors. Apparently, on one of these
> monitors we get a textured patch work affect.

You should design for your audience. If a big chunk can only view 16
colors, that's what you should use. But, as Sue pointed out, make sure
to use the web safe colors.

> Also, is it a guideline to design
> the pages for 600 by 800 pixels?

It's best not to design for any particular resolution at all -- design
for *all* resolutions.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=