web authoring tools

Subject: web authoring tools
From: "Carr, Cathy (New York, NY)" <cathy -dot- carr -at- EASTMANSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:36:08 -0500

In my last job, we had a lot of trouble with HTML Transit, and finally gave
up using it altogether. It kept choking on our Word 6.0 documents. (Yes, I
had Fast Save turned off. :-)) I'd be the first to admit I did not stay on
the line with HTML Transit Tech Support about it (I was busy, of course, and
by the time the problem developed our free technical support had run out).
Has anyone else had similar problems with HTML Transit? It generally gets
pretty good reviews on this listserv.

Cathy

>We're in the process of putting Word docs on our intranet with HTML Transit
to convert Word docs. It >creates HTML docs from Word quickly, it keeps the
original formatting, and you can edit the HTML as >needed.

>We've used it for about 4 months, and the only problem I've seen is that if
you've got documents that use >form fields that use the pull-down option
(users must choose from a list of info rather than input it >themselves) the
form fields don't translate; HTML Transit leaves those fields blank. There
may be a way to >remedy this, but so far we've just deleted the form fields
and retyped the chosen info for those docs that >go on the Web. If anyone
else uses HTML Transit and has encountered this problem, I'd be glad to hear
>what you did to fix it.
>
>You can download a trial copy of Transit at
>
>http://www.htmltransit.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=