Re: Web Authoring Tools

Subject: Re: Web Authoring Tools
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- SYSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:40:26 -0800

<<In my last job, we had a lot of trouble with HTML Transit, and
finally gave
up using it altogether. It kept choking on our Word 6.0 documents.
(Yes, I
had Fast Save turned off. :-)) I'd be the first to admit I did not
stay on
the line with HTML Transit Tech Support about it (I was busy, of
course, and
by the time the problem developed our free technical support had run
out).
Has anyone else had similar problems with HTML Transit? >>

When I first started using HTML Transit, I had it freeze while
converting a Word document. As soon as I turned off fast save, no more
problems. I routinely use it to convert Word files that are 2 Megs. However,
I am using Word 95. Perhaps that is the difference.

Janet

Janet Valade
Technical Writer
Systech Corp, San Diego, CA