CSS and JavaScript across IE and Netscape

Subject: CSS and JavaScript across IE and Netscape
From: John Renish <John_F_Renish -at- NOTES -dot- SEAGATE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:43:40 -0800

Cross-posted to get the widest audience of HTML wizards:

We need to make a large group of PowerPoint presentations available on an
intranet. Office 97's HTML engine is less than satisfactory, and
hand-coding, except for minor tweaks, is not feasible. Office 2000's HTML
engine makes a truly seamless and pixel-perfect translation for IE4, but
some portions of the CSS and JavaScript generated in the process are not
Netscape 4-compatible, which they must be for our environment. Has anyone
in such a situation developed a satisfactory method of accommodating
Netscape, preferably while still accommodating IE?

What, exactly, must be done? Because replies are likely to be longish,
please reply off-list, and I'll post a compendium.

Thanks,
John_F_Renish -at- notes -dot- seagate -dot- com, San Jose, California, USA
My comments represent my personal views and not those of my employer.
"Twelve for twenty-three... It doesn't take a genius to see that's under 50
percent."
--Dick Vitale, sports announcer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=