Laptops

Subject: Laptops
From: Robert Maxey <Bob_Maxey -at- MTN -dot- 3COM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 12:26:52 -0700

>>I would like to hear from other free-lancers who use laptops exclusively
in
>>their work. I'm curious whether the benefits of mobile computing outweigh
>>the ergonomic limitations. Simply put, can a laptop be used successfully
as
>>a free-lance technical writer's sole computer?

I find that a laptop is ideal for me. I can use it at the library, at home
and on the production floor. I can go from my desk to a conference room
without worrying if the computers in the room will connect to the network.
I plan to purchase a Winbook. 14.1 inch TFT Display, DVD capability, built
in Superdrive, 128MB memory and a 4GB Disk drive. Easily comparable to most
desktops.

I think it depends on how you work.

Bob Maxey

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=