Re: Two spaces after the period -- how do I make Word accept this as normal?

Subject: Re: Two spaces after the period -- how do I make Word accept this as normal?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:34:12 -0500

In Word97, you set this in a drop-down menu in:
Tools|Options|Grammar|Settings|Spaces between sentences.

However, I recommend you use only one space between sentences unless you are
using a monospace font. Font metrics have it covered.

I was taught 2 spaces up to college because typewriters use fixed-width
fonts. In college, when using proportional fonts on a Mac (in the middle
80's) my English professors frequently nailed me for using one space. I'll
bet those profs have either retired or changed their ways. My 2cents.

All the best.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

>>>grew up putting two spaces after the dad-blammed period, and
>>>I want to
>>>keep doing it. (Great, there's a group forming at the
>>>I bet!) But Word marks it as incorrect (or worse, AUTOCORRECTS IT!)
>>>every time I do it. Ees makin' me CRAZY!
>>>
>>>Does anybody know how to tell Word to mind its own business
>>>and leave my
>>>stinkin' spaces alone?
>>>
>>>-Rebecca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=