Re: Two spaces after the period -- how do I make Word accept this as normal?

Subject: Re: Two spaces after the period -- how do I make Word accept this as normal?
From: "Staples, Lorrie" <Lorrie -dot- Staples -at- NEXTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:01:56 -0500

LOL, Rebecca & Michael!

I'm glad to see TW's do have senses of humor. So many times we take things
so seriously on here and tear each other apart. Glad to see humor on here
today!

Lorrie Staples
Technical Writer
Nextel Communications Inc.
Norcross, GA

Lorrie -dot- Staples -at- nextel -dot- com

From Rebecca Merck:

I noted that this was grounds for a strike in Michael's union, however I
grew up putting two spaces after the dad-blammed period, and I want to
keep doing it. (Great, there's a group forming at the loading dock now,
I bet!) But Word marks it as incorrect (or worse, AUTOCORRECTS IT!)
every time I do it. Ees makin' me CRAZY!

Does anybody know how to tell Word to mind its own business and leave my
stinkin' spaces alone?

-Rebecca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=