Re: Appropriate Postings

Subject: Re: Appropriate Postings
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:01:06 -0600

> For anyone intereted, there is an article on this topic in today's Salon
> Magazine at the following URL:
>
> http://www.salonmagazine.com/21st/

And is that our own Kat Nagel being quoted?

IMHO, many of the problems cited in this article could have been avoided
by judicious use of filters. If someone drives you crazy, ignore them.
Chances are they're simply starved for attention, and angry replies
satisfy their neurotic little cravings. I have better things to do with
my time than to give someone the attention he couldn't get from his
mommy. ;-) When I encounter posters on this (or any other) list who
aren't half as funny as they think they are, who *never* have anything
useful, positive, or at least entertaining to contribute, or who are
simply rude and stupid (not that I'm naming any names), I just filter
them out. In fact, this discussion reminds me that I need to adjust my
filters to also delete posts that quote those whom I'm blissfully
ignoring. :-) I'm also able to weed out most topics I'm not interested
in, such as RoboHelp. I strongly recommend filtering to those who
complain about the volume or content of traffic on this list.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=