Appropriate Postings

Subject: Appropriate Postings
From: sheldon kohn <sheldon -dot- kohn -at- MCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:27:49 -0500

Hello All,

It seems that the issue of what is and is not appropriate on mailing lists
is a timely topic. In the past few weeks, I reluctantly left a list I had
been following for almost two years due to an onslaught of offensive,
irrelevant postings. These were mostly right-wing political rants unrelated
to the list's purpose. I miss being on that list, but I felt better after I
unsubscribed.

Perhaps this is a true sign of our times.

For anyone intereted, there is an article on this topic in today's Salon
Magazine at the following URL:

http://www.salonmagazine.com/21st/

Best wishes to all,

Sheldon Kohn