Help -- MS Word File Open Problem

Subject: Help -- MS Word File Open Problem
From: Barb Ostapina <Barb -dot- Ostapina -at- EXPERIAN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 11:34:43 -0600

I'm tearing my hair out over a problem I can't seem to find an answer to
and hope someone out there can point me in the direction of a solution.

I created a 1-page document (a consumer office letter) on my workstation in
MS Word 97. Nothing fancy -- Times New Roman is the only typeface, a few
styles to manage spacing, margin settings. I saved it as a Word 6/95
document to a drive that the consumer office staff can get to. They use MS
Word for Windows 95. I've done this many times with many letters. But this
time, they can't open it. Word insists on wanting to convert it to open it.
Best I can figure, there's nothing to convert it from.

I've tried creating it with and without a special template. When I've used
a special template, I've tried sending the consumer office staff the
template (saved it on the same common drive, then copied to the templates
folder on their c: drive). Nothing has worked. Well, I should say, I came
close once. If I canel the conversion request boxes, the document will
open, but the formatting is all wrong.

Can anyone help?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=