What do TWs do? (humor?) - signoff

Subject: What do TWs do? (humor?) - signoff
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- ROCKETMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 06:44:44 -0800

* argue over spaces after a period
* argue over the number of periods after "etc"
* discuss "what am I worth" and "I'm not appreciated"
issues to death
* spout pontification of the difference between "a"
and "an
* flame eachother when views differ
* expect others to answer simple reference questions
instead of openning a dictionary
* argue why [insert tool here] rules/sucks
* occasionally discuss topics worth thinking about
* some say that technical writers produce documentation

Am I being fair? Is that for you to decide? Do I really
care what you think?

I have stayed on this list in the off-chance that it
would turn around and once again become a valuable
resource. After a year of wading through the same old
crap I am sorry to say that TECHWR-L has not evolved.

I'm signing off, folks. My inbox can't take it anymore
- a(n?) 85+ message digest once a day and rarely a post
worth thinking about.

If any of you would like to keep in touch off-list or
be notified when I get a PROFESSIONAL TW list going,
please e-mail me at bill_swallow -at- rocketmail -dot- com -dot-

It's been something or other. Eric, I thank you for
the list. Good luck managing it in the future. Andrew,
and those that discuss meaningful issues, keep up the
good work.

Ta ta, y'all!

===
Bill Swallow
bill_swallow -at- rocketmail -dot- com ~*~ http://surf.to/bill.swallow
TWS, f+, w, h+, ?+, lp, p(1), sc(N), si(Y), #(pound), ap-, ds-(impOK),
sty(home-grown, MMS), fs(Arial, Helvetica), fp(ITC Century, Times),
sp(American), re(2), pc(employee)

Be the change that you want to see in the world.
-- M. K. Gandhi

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=