Learning Visual Basic -- A Good Idea?

Subject: Learning Visual Basic -- A Good Idea?
From: Layna Andersen <laynaa -at- CARECOMPUTER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:48:58 +0000

I'm a semi-newbie (8 months) tech writer in the Seattle area,
at my first job, documenting health care software (and loving it,
incidentally -- it sure beats word-processing). A programmer,
about to depart for a new job, suggested that I should learn
Visual Basic -- said I could pick it up easily if I can use Visio
(which I can), could in fact learn it from a book in 21 days. Is
this realistic? Would it increase my value and marketability as
a tech writer in good proportion to the effort expended learning
it? I have no plans to go anywhere anytime soon, but who
knows what future years may hold...

Layna Andersen

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=