Re: thanks OS2 screen captures

Subject: Re: thanks OS2 screen captures
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 07:54:00 -0800

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:02:08 -0500, WPAINE wrote:

> His response:
> "Thanks. This program [PMVIEW] is doing the job that I am looking for,
> except that I cannot capture some screens which are full DOS screens

Alt-Home will toggle DOS sessions between full-screen and windowed display
(same as Alt-Enter in Windows), allowing him to screen-capture the whole
window, or simply copy-and-paste the text contents. This does not work
for OS/2 fullscreen sessions, however.

> and also the application being installed has to go through several
> REBOOTs for it to setup.

Actually, PMView should work with NO reboots; the only changes it makes
that require a restart are the paths it adds to CONFIG.SYS, and those are
active after the first reboot.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

On the edge of sleep, I awoke to a sun so bright
Rested and fearless, cheered by your nearness
I knew which direction was right
The case had been tried by the jury inside
The choice between darkness and light...
- Rush, "Double Agent"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=