Re: E-mail without attachments/Netscape

Subject: Re: E-mail without attachments/Netscape
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 01:01:44 -0800

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:21:22 -0500, cklotz wrote:

>> 1. Can you download e-mails without their attachments in Netscape?
>
>I have Netscape Communicator 4.01.
>
>Click on View/Attachments. The choices are "Inline" and "As Links".

Both options still require downloading the complete message first; the
only difference is whether they display automatically or not. If the
mailserver supports IMAP4, this may allow selective downloading of
attachments (not having actually used IMAP4, I can't say for sure), but
it's not feasible with POP3.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

And the men who hold high places
Must be the ones who start
To mold a new reality
Closer to the heart