[no subject]

From: "djyoung -at- cts -dot- com" <djyoung -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:12:02 -0800

Hey Guys..

Ok.. here is the situation. At my job we are a fledgling writing group. The
group has has expanded from one person to six in a little over a year. In
the last two months we have moved from 2 writers to 6 writers.

The reason for the sudden growth is a result of the production that we
produced, but it often just adding people doesn't make a team twice as
productive and can often have the opposite effect. With two people the
communication was not a problem, with double that amount of people I am
worried about losing that cohesiveness.

So my questions is thrown out to the more established Publication
Department Managers.

How do you manage the work load on a project?

How do you evaluate the progress of a project? (How often)

How do you evaluate a writer? (How often)

How often does the whole team meet?

I was considering meeting for a general overview of what people are doing.
And also a meeting specifically to share skills and techniques.

I guess what I am asking in a prolonged way is for some of you guys to
describe how a successful Publications Team interacts with each other and
the other teams in the company. And any resources related to this.

Is there any generalized procedure manuals out there :-)thanksdanny

Danny J. Young
email: djyoung -at- cts -dot- com
url: http://members.cts.com/king/d/djyoung

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=