Re: Overlines continued

Subject: Re: Overlines continued
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:08:46 -0600

In our previous episode, steve said:
> >In our previous episode, Clark, Robert said:
> >> Beth's suggestion of placing overlines in text by using the equation
> field
> >> code works well with one exception: the word to be formatted with the
> >> overline must be typed into the Insert/Field text box, rather than just
> >> highlighted in existing text and applying the field code to it.
> >>
> Unfortunately, I tried this and ended up with a box around the word and not
> an overline.

You need to add the \to (for "top") switch. The following modifiers
apply to the \x() command:

\to Above the element.
\bo Below the element.
\le To the left of the element.
\ri To the right of the element.

Hope that helps!

The help text on this is quite helpful, for a change. I'd suggest
looking up field codes, then the EQ field. You can do all sorts of
nifty things with those codes, few of which actually have anything to
do with equations.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
When you're shooting the rapids is _not_ the time for a long
multimedia presentation on the engineering dynamics of
rapids-shooting, complete with bitter arguments between proponents of
two different theories of fluid dynamics.
-- Patrick Nielsen Hayden

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=