Re: Overlines continued

Subject: Re: Overlines continued
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:35:52 -0600

In our previous episode, Clark, Robert said:
> Beth's suggestion of placing overlines in text by using the equation field
> code works well with one exception: the word to be formatted with the
> overline must be typed into the Insert/Field text box, rather than just
> highlighted in existing text and applying the field code to it.
>
> Using this as a model, can any of our more advanced macro developer types
> come up with a macro for Word that allows the writer to highlight the word,
> and apply a macro to use the field code application without having to type
> in the word in the Field code text box?

It'd be trivial to do, but I don't have the time to fuss with it.
Basically, record a macro with generic text, then go to the macro
editor and replace the text with the variable "Selection$()" -- that's
the variable that's equivalent to whatever text is selected.

At least, that's how it'd work in WordBasic. I don't know VBA well
enough to know if the variable is the same.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
When you're shooting the rapids is _not_ the time for a long
multimedia presentation on the engineering dynamics of
rapids-shooting, complete with bitter arguments between proponents of
two different theories of fluid dynamics.
-- Patrick Nielsen Hayden

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=