Tokyo Chapter--STC Annual Conference

Subject: Tokyo Chapter--STC Annual Conference
From: Michael Kauppi <michael -at- SEISHOSHA -dot- CO -dot- JP>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 14:00:22 +0900

My name is Michael Kauppi and I am on the board of the Tokyo Chapter
STC.

Every year several STC members from various organizations in Japan
attend the annual STC conference.

After the close of the conference, the members visit three or four
companies in the surrounding area to see how technical communication is
practiced. They hope to compare documentation and management practices
with those in their own companies in Japan.

In the past, the members were usually given a tour of the company, or at
least the documentation department, and a presentation from the hosting
company. Then a Q&A period followed. All together, the entire tour
usually took about two to three hours.

Would your company be willing to host a tour? We could visit anytime
between Friday the 21st and Monday the 24th.

If you are willing, or have any questions, please let me know.

This is an excellent opportunity to show off your company, as the
members are from large corporations, including Hitachi, NTT Learning
Systems and Xerox-Japan.

Thank you.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=