Hours Per Page

Subject: Hours Per Page
From: Michael Johnson <michaelj -at- OECMED -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:29:09 -0700

Greetings from a sunny Salt Lake City!

In Dr. JoAnn Hackos' book *Managing Your Documentation Projects* there is a
table of hypothetical metrics that gives hours per page for user guides,
reference manuals, hardware maintenance and repair, etc. I think the table
is just an example, but it sits in the middle of an excellent chapter that
tells how to make your own cost/time estimate based on previous projects.

If I remember right, the table is on page 170 or thereabouts.

Hope this helps.

Mike Johnson
michaelj -at- oecmed -dot- com
writer -at- softcom -dot- net