query - training in online help theory?

Subject: query - training in online help theory?
From: Miki Magyar <MDM0857 -at- MCDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:04:16 -0700

I did check the archives and found a few possibly relevant items, but nothing that addresses our immediate concern. We've got ForeHelp, know how to use it, and we're putting out some reasonably decent online help. We have Horton's book, and use it. But we know we could do better. Does anyone have experience with formal classes or training in the theory of developing online help? Not the usual 3-day introductory class, but something that gets into the design issues of why you do it one way or another, how to organize it, and so on. Please reply off list.

Thanks very much,
Miki
mikim -at- ieee -dot- org

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000