Re: FWD: One manual, two products

Subject: Re: FWD: One manual, two products
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 05:11:02 -0800

The icon option (previously posted) is an excellent
choice and oft-used. Other options are:

Option 2:
IF the document is single-column, multi-column for
comparisons (functions, features, how to implement)

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
ppppppppp npnpnpnpnp
ppppppppp npnpnpnpnp
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Option 3:
describe the PRO version then in the following para
(preferably with a slightly different appearance --
e.g. italics text) note the non-PRO exceptions;

The Whizbang and GeeWhiz features are available
only in the PRO version.

Graphics: Generally, you can follow Option 3 (above);
if not, be consistent and always put PRO over non-pro
(to match the 'exceptions' layout for text if you use
Option 3)

[Option 1 was the icon option refered in the
first graf.]

--- Anonymous User <anonfwd -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM> wrote:
> Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

> My company plans to release two versions of the same
> basic software product;
> one version will have basic functionality and the
> other more advanced
> functionality (like a Pro product). They want the
> same manual to document
> both versions of the product. The manual will

<snip>

> I have been asked to modify our existing template in
> such a way that the
> user will easily be able to identify which tasks
> apply to both products, and
> which apply only to the Pro product. This might be

<snip>

===
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
''Despise not any person and do not deem anything unworthy
of consideration, for there is no person without his hour,
and no thing without its place'' {Ben Azzai [Avot 4:2]}

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=