Re: One manual, two products

Subject: Re: One manual, two products
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:51:43 +0100

//Sorry if this message comes twice, I noted it was sent to Anonymous
User the moment I clicked on the send button//
I remember Adobe Premiere hat a light version, and this was indicated in
the docs as (With Extended DeLuxe Super Pro version only).
The company I work for has a multi-moldular software, thus what we state
is:
With xx Option
With the network version

For a while, we tested a logo but this didn't work, and interfered with
the logos indicating widgets, warnings, etc.

This is current practice, Microsoft does this for Word (Mac/PC with one
book), and it seems OK.

When I read: On a mac, I skip the thing, provided it is correcly
indicated and contrasts with common text.
When two ways are possible, you can indicate this in the text:
The dboxes vary according to the version you have installed.
<Bold> With PoorOrStingy version : no way
<Bold> With Standard version : blah
<Bold> With Spendthrift version : chirp chirp chirp
We've been ussing this way for several years, and no client complained
up to this day.
Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=