Re: Thoughts on working WITH developers...

Subject: Re: Thoughts on working WITH developers...
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:27:26 +0100

Matt Ion wrote:
<Of course, that IS the ideal situation... but it seems more often than
not
<to be fantasy.

I discovered this one day: the development was late, so I had to cope
with an unfished software, which was rather difficult to use and
understand, thus documenting it was rather uneasy.
The availability date was settled, so the day before, I had prepared the
12 copies needed for the Beta(read pre-alpha) version, which were
standing on my desk. The developer came that last day, asking blandly
"Of course, the guides are not ready, isnt'it?", to which I answered
"Here are your 12 copies".
First thing he did was modify parts of the interface, so that the delay
was no more his responsibility, but mine.
Happily, this is not the rule, but knowing that there are people who
have this behaviour helps.

Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=