Re: formerly naive now burned tw needs advice

Subject: Re: formerly naive now burned tw needs advice
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:23:16 -0800

At 08:28 AM 3/26/99 , Barry Kieffer wrote:
>Anon,
>
>You should not be angry about this; this is contract law.
>
>You accepted to perform a duty for a specified amount of compensation.
>
>The contract was between the recruiter and the IT company to find a body to
>perform a task for a set amount of money. To ask for more money would
>require the voidence of the original contract.

Not necessarily. I've been given a raise by an agency on the same
contract. It may depend on the agency and their relationship with you.

The contract between the IT company and the recruiter is between them and
sets a cost of supplying a worker.

A contract between the recruiter and the worker sets a wage for the worker.

There is usually enough fat in the profits of the recruiter to allow an
increase.

Marilynne

>There is no mechanism in contract law that can provide for a clause that
>states that if the client "likes" the job, they are willing to pay more.
>
>How can the client agree on what constitutes a good job?
>
>When you form a contract, binding or not, you have to stick with it or
>desolve it; there is no middle ground.
>
>My suggestion, as hard for you as it may be, is to move on and use it as a
>learning experience.
>
>Barry Kieffer
>Technical Writer
>

>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

Marilynne Smith marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com
Sr. Technical Writer (619) 651-6664
QUALCOMM "We'll have the whole world talking"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=