Re: Copyright wording for PDF's

Subject: Re: Copyright wording for PDF's
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:55:14 +0100

I wonder why a user creating 500 copies of your prose should be a
problem. You should be glad that they make one printout of your PDFS.
You distribute PDFs to save money. Would anyone pay for your documents
in a standard library? (I worked for a company which sold additional
copies of the doc's, but that was in order to avoid to manage a
library.)
What is the prejudice? If there is none, but you wish to avoid people
messing with your litterature, just say that it has to be reproduced
entirely, including that statement, without any modification. It's
rather common on the web.

Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
"Le rouge est une couleur proche du bleu, mais pas trop" P. Desproges
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=