Thank You-Frame to PDF

Subject: Thank You-Frame to PDF
From: Theresa Wolfe <tdw -at- PTSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 09:56:09 -0500

Thank you once again to all those who assisted me with my Frame to PDF conversion difficulties.
The following is the process I used to get my snazzy (and correctly colored) PDF's.
1. I went to File>Print Setup and chose the Acrobat PDF Writer driver (I attempted to go the route of printing a post script file and then distilling it manually-but that process consistently froze Frame. Thus leaving me to close down the application)
2. In 'Preferences' for the PDF Writer driver I chose a 150 dpi resolution.
3. In 'Compression' (still in preferences), I chose a compatibility of Acrobat 3.0. I also checked 'compress text and line art', 'ASCII Format', and 'Color/ Grayscale Images compress using JPEG medium-low'. I left 'Downsample Images' and 'Monochrome Images' unchecked.
4. Then I went to File>Print (and made sure not to check 'print low resolution images') and clicked print.

After all these steps, the result was just what I wanted.
To all those who suggested that I join a listserv such as FrameUsers, I have put it on my 'To Do' List.

Thank You

Theresa Wolf
Co-op Technical Writer
Peartree Software Inc.