Trent is in Monterey

Subject: Trent is in Monterey
From: Emily Davidson <emilyfisher -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 13:40:19 -0700

Happy Easter Everyone!

Well, some of you may have already heard, but Trent is
now in Monterey. He flew in on Friday. He will do
in-processing Monday through Wednesday of this week,
and then his Arabic classes start on Thursday.

He says it is beautiful and he is very happy to be
there. He says it is drastically different from basic
training. He says he is treated like a real person
again, trusted and respected. He says the commanding
officers are friendly and care about the men. He says
he is allowed to say "please" and "thank you" (which
for some unknown reason was not allowed at basic
training).

I got to talk to him yesterday and today. He has a
lot more phone privileges now, and there's one phone
for every floor, so there is less of a line and we can
talk longer. I got to talk to him for almost an hour
last night, while before I was lucky to get 10 minutes
a week.

On Tuesday he will make housing arrangement for me and
I will have a definite moving date. It should be in
about 2 weeks. I will be in off-base housing
temporarily until something on-base opens up. He
still can't come home to live with me until April 30,
but we will have visitation privileges. I am very
excited.

We are both excited to live in Monterey and for this
phase of Trent's training. We will be there 15-16
months. I hope you are all doing well and have a good
Easter.

?-Emily

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=